10 Budget Decorating Hacks That Will Fill Your Apartment With Cheer
Now that we are in December, it is time to decorate for the holidays. Holiday decorations are perfect this time of year, they’re great if the decor in your housing rentals is looking a little bit tired, and there is nothing that will get you into the holiday spirit more than an apartment complex full of tinsel and good cheer!
While we know you may not have a huge budget for holiday decor — after all, you’re saving your money for those necessary apartment amenities as the average rent nationwide is $934 a month — we have put together some budget decorating hacks that will make apartment living festive this holiday season.
- Go metallic! The holidays are bursting with bronze, gold, and silver so if you are looking for some decorations that can last all year, keep this color scheme in mind.
- Take advantage of nature and “spruce” up your place with some fir branches, twigs, and pine cones. They make for cheap and easy mantle decorations or table centerpieces.
- Create a display for those holiday cards by hanging some twine and using colored wooden clothespins.
- Buy some bulb ornaments at a dollar store, place them on a cake stand, and you will have a gorgeous centerpiece for your coffee table.
- Go pom pom crazy! They are cheap to buy, and are easy to fabricate into garlands, centerpieces and photograph holders. You can even make an ugly Christmas sweater out of them.
- Re-purpose old festive sweaters by making them into pillows! These don’t require any sewing skills, so even sewing novices can have a good time crafting.
- Add some flair to your kitchen by incorporating holiday dish towels. You can find these anywhere that sells holiday decorations.
- Make your own wreath to great visitors with! All you’ll need is some tree branches and creativity and you can’t go wrong.
- Don’t have room for a Christmas tree, or your apartment guide forbids it? Don’t fret, simply add some holiday touches to your existing plants! Pom poms jazz up a cactus, and ribbon and yarn make any spider plant look festive.
- DIY your plain doormat with some spray paint and stencils. You can put a phrase, metallic Christmas trees, a snowman, reindeer… the choice is up to you.
With these tips in mind, your apartment complex will be bursting with holiday cheer!